Monday, January 06, 2014

Crazy $5 Dinner

I was really into the idea of Advent this holiday season and browsed lots of ideas online. While I only did special activities for a few days not the whole 25 of December I thought I would share my favorite. I frequently read a blog called Blissful and Domestic. I've enjoyed a lot of her ideas but this one for Advent was new. Her idea was to give each member of her family $5 and a course for dinner, they shop simultaneously then go home to enjoy their "Crazy Dinner". Since Theo wasn't overjoyed at this prospect the kids and I decided to make it a fun night while he was away on business. We decided on Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, and Beverages as our "courses" and headed to Walmart. Ian and Halen each took off in search of their items, Halen- Appetizers, Ian- Main Course, I kept Megan with me and we started with her assignment of Dessert. Below is our bounty which we cooked up and ate while watching The Goldbergs on Hulu (our guilty pleasure). While it certainly wasn't anything close to healthy it was fun and we had a fun time staying within our budget.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a fantastic idea and those donuts look delicious!!!!!!