Monday, September 09, 2013

Bridge of the Gods and Downtown Camas

Deciding against another 4+ hour round trip to Seaside while Diana was visiting, we chose to check out Downtown Camas Washington in a little more detail and do some scenic driving instead. We ate at the newly opened Mill City Brew Werks (yes I spelled it correctly just couldn't add the German accent over the e when typing), and checked out the local shops and stores. I can tell any of you who visit I will be dragging you back to them. They were fun and I'm not the antiquing type. Then we drove along Washougal River Road and onto the Eastern heading of the Lewis and Clark Highway. Taking the first road apparently spared us from the scary portions of the L&C so once we got to the Bridge of the Gods to cross over into Oregon it wasn't nearly as traumatic for me. We finished the day with another trip along Scenic Oregon Highway 30 this time so Theo could enjoy it and I remembered to get a photo of the giant Cabbage Patch along the way. For some reason this was just too cool looking for me to pass up.

No comments: