Friday, August 09, 2013

Another Weekend Adventure

The final weekend in July we weren't quite sure how we were going to spend our Saturday. Having purchased most of the items we needed for the new house we set out to at least get lunch and possibly take in some more nature. Out choice was Goldie's BBQ not far from the house. Now the boys love their BBQ and ribs especially so we got an assortment of items to taste test. Theo a Pulled Pork sandwich, I decided on a Brisket Sandwich and Ian got Ribs. The girls got fried shrimp and chicken. While I do enjoy BBQ I have to say my favorite menu item was the french fries along with a side of Honey Mustard. They were almost as good as Eegees back home in Tucson. With extremely full tummies we drove out to Smith and Bybee Wetlands in Northern Portland Oregon between the Columbia and Wilamette Rivers. It's a preserve for all types of animals and the lakes are as still as anything I've ever seen. It was around 3:30 pm but the sun was almost directly overhead so forgive my pictures, believe me they don't do it justice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE these pictures and I am excited you found something close to Eegees fries!