Saturday, January 20, 2007



Lots of Cooking

Today for some reason I was in the mood to cook, must have been caused by my clean kitchen. First I put together a Chocolate Pudding Pie next was Brownies then for dinner I made Lemon Garlic Pork Tenderloin and Carmelized Brussel Sprouts. The pie is simply a graham cracker crust with chocolate instant pudding (2-4-serving size), the pudding mixed with some Cool-Whip, and lastly the Cool-Whip alone. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours to set. The Pork Tenderloin and the Brownies were packaged from the grocery store so the only other real recipe was for the Brussel Sprouts which I received from my friend Alisha-polarbee.typepad.com.

18 fresh Brussel Sprouts
3 slices bacon
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

Slice the Brussel Sprouts in half through the stem end removing any loose leaves,wash completly. Next place them in a microwave safe dish and add 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes drain. Meanwhile dice up Bacon and fry to crisp in a skillet remove and reserve. Place Brussel Sprouts into pan with bacon drippings and saute for a few minutes to carmelize, add 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook for 4 minutes then remove lid and let the remaining water evaporate. Serve with cooked bacon. Add salt and pepper if desired. ( I didn't add either).

I usually don't like Brussel Sprouts (the family does) but even these I enjoyed. They were not bitter and were perfectly tender.

No comments: