Thursday, January 18, 2007



Chowder for a Chilly Day

Today I made the Quick and Easy Clam Chowder from Allrecipes.com and it was a success. It went into the slow cooker all day and I served it in a Sourdough bowl with oyster crackers. Even my kids liked it and hubby went back for seconds.
I also got to a scrapbook page with the colors inspired by the ribbon I used. Need to add some journaling to it but other than that it's finished. Here is the chowder recipe Enjoy!

Quick and Easy Clam Chowder

1-10.75 oz can condensed cram of celery soup
1-10.75 oz can condensed cream of potato soup
1-10.75 oz can New England Clam Chowder
2-6.5 oz cans minced clams
1 quart half and half
1 pint heavy whipping cream

Mix all the soups together with canned clams (draining 1 can) and half and half and whipping cream into a slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
I would suggest using a little less half and half if you want a thicker consistency. I stirred it about once every hour just to keep it from getting a skin or sticking to the bottom of the slow cooker.

No comments: