Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bridal Shower Treats

I was asked by my sister to help make a few things for my cousin's bridal shower this past weekend. Besides a few dips, I was asked to make a set of note cards as one of the game prizes and lastly I was asked to make the cake. I knew from the offset exactly what I wanted to do and even though I had never worked with Fondant before I was willing to try. The cake turned out beautifully and I was very proud of myself unfortunately the shower was held at the complete opposite end of town so the cake didn't make it intact to the shower. The bottom layer lost about 1/3 of it's mass while I was driving down a hill. Needless to say with the help of my mom, who drove to meet me on the side of the road and held the remaining 2 layers safely until we arrived at the party, I was able to serve it and it tasted great. Enjoy the picture both before and after.

No comments: