Monday, January 15, 2007



Cola Pot Roast and "Entertainment"

Okay so this whole menu thing has gotten away from me. With the kids visiting with family this weekend and Theo and I out shopping I didn't follow my plan. Tonight however I remembered to throw dinner in the crockpot so we actually ate a home cooked meal. The actual recipe suggested you use the conventional oven but I was lazy and didn't want to spend all day checking on it so the crock pot it was. The result... The taste was good but the texture came out a bit too dry. I served the roast with the veggies I added while it cooked and mashed potatoes and Sour Cream Muffins(which were excellent by the way). The Cola Pot Roast recipe can be found on Allrecipes.com I'll include the recipe for the muffins below. Theo also brought home a new form of entertainment tonight although it will take a few days for it to be fully operational. A 55" Plasma TV!!! The box is enormous so we'll have to see how big it looks once it's mounted onto our wall.

Sour Cream Muffins-Paula Dean
2 cups self rising flour
2 sticks of butter melted
1/2 pint (1 cup) sour cream

Mix all ingredients together and place into a muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. These muffins do not need any additional butter after baking and still taste great.

No comments: